Monday 15 July 2013

Green and Tribal Nails

Good evening lovelies

Did you all enjoy your weekends? I had the pleasure of a four day weekend to spend quality time with Mr LiPP for our wedding anniversary. We were so lucky with the weather (although it got a little too hot for hubby and the puppies), it meant we could BBQ, dog walk, sit outside and of course enjoy the odd beer garden in the evenings.


Tonight I am going to show you the second limited edition polish I have from Barry M. Again this one was free with my purchases of the new Barry M Gelly collection. This has no official name so I will call it... Squidgy Green!


As with the Squishy Pink I showed you yesterday, this is a jelly finish polish. Squidgy Green required a little more patience and a few more layers to achieve a look I was happy with. This is four thin coats and in all honesty I can still see a few 'yellow' patches so a fifth coat was probably needed for full coverage.


Again using Barry M Matt White and W7 Black I created an accent nail inspired by the limited edition lid. I was going to attempt a free hand tribal design but I am not confident in my line drawing skills so decided to 'cheat' and use the tribal stamp found on plate BM 315. The talented xxpinky_bubblesxx did a much better job than me and I loved her Instagram pictures.


It doesn't match as well as yesterdays pink and zebra print version but I still like the simplicity of this accent nail contrasting against the Squidgy Green jelly polish.


I do like this polish and am pleased to have it in my collection but it just doesn't compare to my all time favourite Barry M Spring Green

Lou xx
@L_i_P_P

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! That accent nail is really striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love how well the accent nail 'pops' with this combination and its perfect for matching with the lid! Glad you were able to enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete