Monday 13 May 2013

Roses with Stormy Skies

Good evening lovelies

I hope your Monday went quickly and peacefully at work? I am currently recruiting for a new role in my team so spent most of the day going through CV's and writing response letters. At least it kept me busy :-). Tonight I am going food shopping as it is my turn to host our girls meal tomorrow night... My current thinking is I will cook using a recipe card I picked up recently for Jersey Royals & asparagus creamy Lancashire melt. Yum!


My regular readers may notice that my freehand rose accent nail is indeed 'leftover' from my weekend manicure. As it had no chips and was a labour of love I couldn't stand to remove it so I thought why not mix it up?



On all nails except my ring finger I used two super easy coats of MUA Stormy Skies. This pretty polish was a birthday present that I could not wait to try out. I was really impressed with the formula and I love these recently redesigned mini bottles.


Stormy Skies is quite unusual colour that goes from brown to khaki to grey depending on the light. However what really makes this polish special is the gorgeous gold shimmer that translates really well from bottle to nail. I couldn't resist adding these simple gold studs to really bring out the gold shimmer.


How do you like my 'recycled' accent nail? I really liked this manicure both as the original girly Cath Kidston style (see previous post) and also with this above edgier look, I can't resist a gold stud or two :-).

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful way to reuse the rose nail! Its such a striking contrast :D I hope you and your friends had a great night! xx

    ReplyDelete