Sunday 24 March 2013

Contrasting nails with a Cherry Accent

Good afternoon lovelies

How has your weekend been? Ours has been really lovely. Due to some really bad weather today didn't go quite to plan as my sister in law got snowed in so couldn't make the journey to Norwich to cook for us all today. However we made the most of having the day unexpectedly to ourselves and spent some quality time relaxing, catching up on tv and of course I found time to squeeze in a little nail art :-).


This super bright mani features two more polishes from the new Color Club Fiesta Spring collection. This time I chose Mamba (bright red) and Sunrise Canyon (yellow/green). Both polishes have a fantastic formula and good drying time. Mamba is so pigmented that it could be a one coater.


On my little finger I added just one coat of Leighton Denny Ruby Slippers (over one coat of Mamba). I have been dying to test this polish out since Christmas and am pleased I finally did. It is so perfect for this bright manicure as it contains red and green glitter particles.


As you can see I added contrasting dots to my index and middle fingers using the opposite colour to my base, on my ring finger I used a dotting tool to create these fun little cherries. The green stalks are drawn on using Wild Cactus which is the super bright green also from the Color Club Fiesta collection.


Sunrise Canyon is a strange but still beautiful colour... it changes from dark yellow to lime green depending on how you look at it. I don't think I have anything else like this in my collection so its a welcome addition :-).


How do you like the bright contrast of red and yellow/green? I am glad I was feeling bold enough to try it out as its a winner for me.

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

4 comments:

  1. Squueeeeee! SO CUTE! I love the contrast! Very pretty Lou. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! How much snow did you have up there? We have had snow all day in Essex - looked like a winter wonderland this afternoon but soon turned to slush! xx

    ReplyDelete