Tuesday 15 January 2013

a-england: A Couple of Beauties

Good evening lovelies!

Oh my goodness we had so much snow today! You literally could not see out of our windows at work - it was just white everywhere! I have to get home at lunchtime to let our doggies out and it took me 1 hour 20 mins to do just 12 miles. I finally made it back to work after a two hour lunch break and then spent another 1 hour 45 mins trying to get home again after work! Gridlock craziness.

Taking of craziness... I am crazy for these nails...


I started with two gorgeous coats of a-england Bridal Veil which is a black creme polish with lots of tiny holo flecks that show through beautifully.



Then using lots of striping tape I laid down different patterns on each finger and gently sponged the absolutely perfect a-england Princess Tears over the top half of each nail. I peeled off the striping tape while the polish was still wet to prevent any snags.


Below you can see swatches of beautiful Bridal Veil. One in natural light with no flash one with forced flash so you can appreciate the holo goodness :-)


As you can see below Princess Tears is a light lilac grey containing lots of silver holo. I cannot wait to wear this one as a base colour, the formula is perfection and the colour shift quite stunning.



Aren't these two polishes just stunning together? I am in love with the formula of a-england. So much so, that I have just ordered another six polishes from this collection even though I still have four sitting in my untrieds!

Louise xx
@L_i_P_P

7 comments:

  1. I'm crazy for these nails too!!! Princess Tears looks so beautiful on top!
    Sorry about your long drive, but I can't help but be envious of all the snow you got.. we got none!! so send some over! =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously pretty! What a perfect couple of polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic nail design!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these Lou, they look very stylish x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sponging over a tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I have rodered this one in the sale too! EXCITED! So pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is awesome! I love the use of sponging and striping tape - and these polishes compliment each other so well!

    ReplyDelete