Sunday 7 October 2012

Peacock skittle nails

Happy Sunday :-)

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends? Today we went for a stroll around the city, enjoyed a little shopping spree and then back home to spend time with the doggies and enjoy a lazy evening.

These pretty peacock nails were a slight labour of love as I had originally intended on using water decals for the two accent nails, however after a frustrating amount of time spent trying to make them look crease free and pretty I gave up and turned to my trusty bundle monster stamps.



To create this look I used W7 Black, BYS Metallic Blue Sapphire and Bourjois Vert Chlorophylle. These are all stunning polishes but in particular I am loving the Bourjois green polish from the So Laque collection. The full range of So Laque polishes is now officially on my lemming list :-)


I stamped in Barry M Silver Foil using the peacock print on plate BM 212. I then used my medium dotting tool to add the feather centres in BYS Metallic Blue Sapphire.


Although I was disappointed to not use the peacock water decals I am really pleased with how this turned out. This stamping is so effective and remains a firm favourite of mine from the 2011 plate collection.


Gorgeous sunshine swatch pictures below... Look at the beautiful shimmer in the BYS Metallic Blue polish. I love that these polishes are only £1.50 each. I am totally buying the whole collection!


I hope you enjoyed this skittle manicure. Do you like wearing something different on each nail?

Have a great Sunday evening

Louise xx

1 comment:

  1. Ummm I am totally in love with this! I am officially putting "peacock skittle" on my to-do list! I love the colors you used and the stamping is awesome. Well done!

    ReplyDelete